Founder & CEO
Will is the Founder and CEO of WHOOP, the next generation wearable technology for optimizing human performance and health. WHOOP members range from professional athletes, fortune 500 CEOs, fitness enthusiasts, military personnel and healthcare workers. Whoop’s current valuation is $1.2 billion, joining the ranks of tech “unicorns”. Will has raised more than $100 million from top investors and has an active advisory board that consists of some of the world’s most notable cardiologists, technologists, marketers, and designers. Will wrote “The Feedback Tool: Measuring Fitness, Intensity, and Recovery,” which sparked the underlying physiology and engineering for his work today.
Will was recently named to the 2020 Fortune 40 Under 40 Healthcare list and previously named to Forbes 30 Under 30 and Boston Business Journal 40 Under 40. In 2020, WHOOP was named Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company for Wellness. Before founding WHOOP, Ahmed was named a 2011 Harvard College Scholar for finishing in the top 10% of his class and a CSA Scholar Athlete; captaining the Harvard Men’s Varsity Squash Team.
What you’ll learn
- From a technical point of view what separates WHOOP from other health and fitness trackers?
- WHOOP has been applied to provide data based decisions around early detection of COVID-19, with the most high profile case being pro golfer Nick Whatney. How did they approach and validate this application of respiratory rates for early COVID-19 detection?
- Following the recent $100M raise are WHOOP looking to make company acquisitions of other sports tech companies in the market?
- Where do they see the biggest area for customer growth?
- Aside from the obvious financial input, what do star athletes investors bring to the company?
- Will’s favourite sporting moment – Tiger Woods