High Performance Director
U.S. Ski & Snowboard
Troy leads the interdisciplinary departments that prepare U.S. Ski & Snowboard’s elite athletes toward their journeys to podiums by seeking to enhance performance through institutional knowledge and cutting-edge technology. This includes providing strategic and operational leadership to over 30 practitioners in the Sports Science/Technology, Sports Medicine and Sports Education departments.
Having worked for the organization in the lead in to the 2006 Olympic Winter Games, Troy rejoined in 2015 from the Canadian Sport Institute Ontario where he was director of sport science and sport medicine. Troy has been leading high performance programs across a broad set of Olympic sports for more than 15 years.
What you’ll learn
- How U.S. Ski & Snowboard uses technology to solve the unique issues presented by the nomadic, inhospitable and ever-changing environment of snow sports.
- How they integrate advanced technology, including neurocognitive assessments and virtual reality, in preparing athletes for races and rehabbing faster from injury.
- Troy’s advice for technology companies looking to work with US Ski & Snowboard and other Olympic Teams.
- The next innovation projects US Ski & Snowboard are working on.
- Troy’s favourite sporting moment – 2018 Winter Olympics: Randall, Diggins win gold, ending U.S. cross-country drought
- STRIVR Sports VR
- Comcast NBCUniversal SportsTech Accelerator