CEO & Founder
Travis McDonough is the founder and CEO of Kinduct, an Athlete Management System (AMS) which collects data from external sources and automates certain reporting and alerts regarding human body performance and well-being. Kinduct is used by over 550 teams, leagues, athletic associations, performance centers, military and healthcare organizations around the world. Their clients include dozens of NHL, NBA, NFL and MLB teams, as well as Gatorade, Olympic sports associations, and enterprise healthcare partners.
Travis holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology from Dalhousie University and a Doctor of Chiropractic degree. A health care practitioner, Travis has dedicated his entire career to his passion for sparking innovation and driving constant improvement in the sport, health, and wellness industries. His work in these fields has been widely recognized, earning numerous awards including Atlantic Canada’s Innovator of the Year, Halifax Business Person of the Year, Atlantic Business Magazine Top 50 CEOs (inducted into Hall of Fame in 2018), ITAC Ingenious Award, and The Experiential Learning Award via Game Changers Awards and Halifax Partnership.
Kinduct was recently acquired by mCube, a US-based technology company enabling the Internet of Moving Things (IoMT). This acquisition is the largest exit for a Canadian Sport Tech company in history, and one of the largest exists in Nova Scotia Tech History.
What you’ll learn
- What are the biggest changes Travis has seen in industry over the last 10 years since founding Kinduct?
- What’s his prediction for the next 10 years?
- What are some key pieces of advice that stuck with him along the journey from startup founder to established business leader?
- Who gave him that advice and why did it resonate?
- Travis’ advice for Founders out of traditional sporting, technology or investment powerhouse cities on how to build a sucessful global business?
- Travis’ favourite sporting moment – Autistic Basketball Hero Jason McElwain Scores 20 Points Off The Bench