How technology is being applied to accelerate the growth of sports betting
Panel discussion recorded live in October 2019 at the USA Sports Tech Conference as part of the Sports Tech World Series with Nicole Metzgar-Schall (Sportradar), Nathan Rothschild (GTG Network) and Wayne Kimmel (SeventySix Capital).
Guest bio’s and social media contact details below.
What you’ll learn
- What was PASPA? The status of sports betting as it currently sits in the US with State-by-State regulation. Is the US market progressing as quickly as predicted and how does it compare globally.
- What tech underpins the sports betting ecosystem including data collection, data analytics, media and broadcasting.
- How tech is being applied to ensure integrity and compliance with regulation.
- How are operators and media partners positioning themselves for when sports betting becomes more widely regulated. What are some of the tech acquisition and data capture initiatives of operators to both grow their database, and generate greater insights about users they are acquiring.
- Are the Leagues’ push for the mandatory use of sports data realistically achievable.
- Crystal ball 12-month prediction for what the landscape will look like at the end of 2020.
Nicole serves as Corporate Counsel for Sportradar working closely with the
business units on both gaming and media law matters in the global sports industry.
Sportradar is a global leader in
sports data and technology and has partnered with leagues such as NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, and NASCAR in the
collection and distribution of sports data in the US and around the world.
Nathan gained experience in private wealth management prior to founding various start-ups in the online and consumer engagement industries. Known for thinking outside the box, Nathan’s ability to formulate a strategic plan to take an idea to market and then trigger rapid growth has seen him speak to audiences all over the world.
In his spare time Nathan is an avid Carlton Football club supporter in the AFL and enjoys sampling different cuisines as part of his travels.
Wayne is a sports tech venture capitalist, entrepreneur and author of Six Degrees of Wayne Kimmel.
He is the Managing Partner of SeventySix Capital, the venture capital company he founded in 1999, and invests in startup consumer facing tech companies in the sports tech, esports, and sports betting industries. Among the Fortune 500 companies that have acquired his portfolio companies are Aramark, Intel, IBM, Walgreens and Yahoo!
His partners at SeventySix Capital are Jon Powell, a leading real estate executive, and Ryan Howard, MLB legend and World Series Champion.