Director of research & Development
Patrick is the Director of Research and Development for the Seattle Seahawks where his role centers around data analysis on a variety of different topics for the team. Before joining the Seahawks, Patrick was a sport scientist within the Nike Sports Research Lab. He also founded Optimum Sports Performance in Tempe, Arizona, a strength and conditioning facility where he trained high school, collegiate, and professional athletes.
Patrick has been invited to present research and speak at conferences including MIT Sloan Analytics Conference, Casacadia Symposium of Statistics in Sport, World Congress of Science in Football, and NSCA National Conference. Research interests include training and competition analysis as they apply to athlete health, injury, and performance across a variety of sports. Patrick has a Ph.D. in Sports Science from Liverpool John Moores University and is a National Strength and Conditioning Association Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA-CSCS).
What you’ll learn
- What are the sources of data Patrick and the Seahawks use to build and inform their work.
- How does he ensure the validity of each data source and are there a different approaches for each type of data
- What is the next wave of technology innovation in data capture and analysis
- Misbehaving: The Making of Behavioral Economics by Richard H. Thaylor
- Patrick’s favourite sporting moment – The 1995 Cleveland Indians and their knack for a dramatic comeback