Fuelled by an extensive background in the sports and media industries, Nick has spent the last 10 years developing SportsPro Media into the global leader in sports industry news and insights. With a distinct focus around media rights, broadcasting and technology, SportsPro’s audience of more than 1.5 million sports industry executives are supported by an events portfolio of conferences hosted in five countries across the globe.
Nick’s expertise is built around the burgeoning digital and OTT landscape transforming sports consumption. He spends time advising sports industry stakeholders on how to tackle the sports broadcasting revolution. Nick also serves as an independent director of the British Volleyball federation.
What you’ll learn
- What is meant by the term FAANG?
- Do we have a clear understanding of their strategy for sports?
- Out of these companies, who’s most actively involved in sport?
- What are some of the ways Amazon specifically are targeting sports?
- Amazon has shown an interest in rights acquisitions, both at a local and global level. How does this bode for future rights deals?
- Nick’s favourite sporting moment – State of Origin Rugby