Chief Strategy Officer
San Francisco 49ers
This is Moon’s eighth season with the 49ers and his current role oversees business intelligence, CRM and fan feedback; manages retail, mobile app, and concessionaire relationships; works on bids for large scale non-NFL events; supports the drive for local revenue; and aids other business aspects of the organization with strategic and analytical support.
Under Moon’s guidance, the 49ers built a data warehouse that processes over 3 million records per day, and launched the award-winning Executive Huddle, the first real-time analytics control room on NFL game days. Executive Huddle’s recent awards of note include being named the Leader in Innovation by Leaders in Sports, and Best Venue Tech by TheStadiumBusiness. Executive Huddle is also a finalist for Sports Business Journal’s Best in Sports Technology, to be announced later this year.
Moon has also collaborated with ticket operations to break NFL records for highest revenue in a regular-season game, and secured bids for WrestleMania 31 and the Gold Cup Final. Under his leadership, the organization has acquired the Emmy award-winning high school program Cal-Hi Sports and launched a sports medicine facility.
Previously, Javaid worked at Linden LLC, a healthcare-focused private equity fund and L.E.K. Consulting, a global management consulting firm. A Cleveland native, Javaid graduated from Northwestern University with degrees in Psychology and Economics and later earned his MBA from University of Chicago, Booth School of Business.
What you’ll learn
- What has created the SF 49ers identity as one of the most advanced and forward thinking organizations for the application of technology and data in sports?
- How has their relationship with big tech (FAANGs) and Silicon Valley helped with keeping them ahead of the curve for tech and data adoption?
- What the biggest challenges are in transitioning their home Levi’s Stadium, to a fully cashless venue?
- What Moon sees as the biggest points of “friction” in the current fan journey through Levi Stadium and how technology is working towards creating this frictionless fan experience?
- How has COVID-19 changed the 49ers roadmap for new technology projects?
- What’s been the most innovative application of technology in sports Moon’s seen this year?
- Other Sports Tech Feed Episodes discussed:
- Moon’s favourite sporting moments: