Head of Sport (London)
Mills & Reeve
Julian is a specialist and highly-experienced commercial sports lawyer, focusing on the commercialisation and protection of media, marketing, data and other sports rights. Over the last 15 years, Julian has advised on many of the world’s best-known and largest sports events, including on FIFA World Cups, the UCI Road World Championships and the Epsom Derby.
Julian also assist many new market entrants, including sports technology start ups, new sports formats, teams and events and entrepreneurs. He has advised from a legal perspective, but also supported strategically and by utilising a wide network of international clients and contacts.
What you’ll learn
- What are the legal ramifications by the widespread cancellation or postponement of sports leagues and competitions due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- What are some of the potential solutions for rights holders, broadcasters and down-stream companies impacted by these shutdowns.
- How can technology help the industry recover and innovate through the shutdown and beyon.
- Julian’s thought’s on the London sports tech scene and advice for growing your own local sports technology ecosystems.
- London Sports Tech Network (LSTN)
- Julian’s favourite sporting moment – Luton Town beat Arsenal to win the 1988 Littlewood’s Cup Final