Dr Martin Schlegel
Martin is the Principal Consultant at Chemneera Consulting, a leading sports technology advisory firm. He has more than 20 years experience in the sports and recreation, construction and plastics specialty chemicals industry in the areas of product development, process engineering and research and development commercialisation.
Martin also serves as a member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Sports Technology and guest lecturer at RMIT University in the field of sports management, innovation and surfacing technology. Martin sits on the Advisory Board of the International Sports Technology Association and the Australian Sports Technologies Network.
What you’ll learn
- The major trends in the sports technology industry.
- What the future holds for the “quantified-self” with the continued flow of technology adoption from elite sports and military performance into mass consumer markets.
- How the convergence of wearables and video analytics will lead to consumers looking for aligned and uniform analytics platforms to host and translate their data.
- The potential of smart stadiums to be innovation test beds for smart cities.
- How the coronavirus shutdown has accelerated technology innovation in sports across both business and on-field performance.
Links & Other Episodes