Dr Laila Mintas
Sports betting consultant
Dr Mintas is a an expert consultant in the sports betting, digital sports and fan engagement industry . She was named a 2019 SBJ Power Player in Sports Betting and one of Business Insider´s Leaders of the Sports Betting Industry. Prior to establishing her independent consultancy, Laila oversaw all US operations for the sports data provider, Sportradar.
Being a lawyer by trade, Laila previously worked several years at the international law firm White & Case LLP in Berlin specializing in Sports Law, Compliance and Litigation. She wrote her Ph.D. in Betting via the Internet which became a well-recognized book in its field.
Laila has also served as the Head of Legal and Head of International Development for FIFA’s Early Warning System (FIFA EWS) and Director of Sports Integrity at CONCACAF, the governing body for Soccer in North America, Central America and the Caribbean being responsible for all 41 member countries. Since 2009, she has published a significant number of law articles and has lectured at the Humboldt University of Berlin and Columbia University in New York where she is a Professor for Global Sports Law.
What you’ll learn
- What role technology plays in growing the multi-billion dollar sports betting market.
- How how the industry has coped with the COVID19 shutdown
- How tech can be used to safeguard against fake “ghost games” being run by criminal organizations in lieu of real events..
- Laila’s predictions for the next wave of innovations in the sports betting industry.
Links & Other Episodes
- The Future Of Tech in Sports Betting – Panel Discussion
- Laila’s favourite sporting moment – 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil