Dr. Georgie Bruinvels
Georgies manages Orreco’s redox homeostasis testing at client sites, analysing blood biomarker data, and leads the science behind our Female Athlete Programme and FitrWomam and FitrCoach Apps. Georgie holds a PhD from University College London and has published widely on the female athlete, iron deficiency and the menstrual cycle.
Prior to joining Orreco, she worked for 3 years with UK Anti-Doping. Georgie is also an elite endurance athlete, representing the British Athletics Team.
What you’ll learn
- What’s the actual process for using blood testing to understand athlete biomarkers.
- Why the resulting biomarker analysis is the ultimate in athlete personalisation.
- Learnings from working with the US Women’s National Team (2019 FIFA World Cup Champions).
- How technology can be used to overcame the “last taboo” in sports and level the playing field for female athletes..
- Georgie’s career journey of combining passions for competing as an elite endurance athlete and research on the female athlete.